Move to another start menu strip?

Nov 25, 2009 at 5:32 AM

Hello,

I really, really love PowerPlaylist 2. Great work, congratulations!

There's just one tiny problem I have:

I don't really need the additional start menu strip for PowerPlaylist, so I moved my slideshows via "Media Center Studio" into the "Music" menu. Unfortunately, clicking on the Powerplaylist slideshows has no effect anymore. It seems the buttons MUST be located in the PowerPlaylist menu strip. Is there a way to change that behaviour? (Win7 Pro X64 running here...)

Best regards from Germany,

Philipp

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2009 at 5:00 AM

Hi Philipp,

Unfortunately, the approach 'Media Center Studio' uses is not officially supported by Microsoft (i.e., it doesn't use any part of the public platform or API set) so it's not likely going to be able to cover all scenarios (like this one) without additional work by the author of that application. I'd suggest you contact the developers of 'Media Center Studio' to make them aware of your issues to see if they can figure out what to do to make it work.

Charlie

P.S. Likely, moving the tile to another strip causes it to become unassociated with the registry keys necessary to affiliate a tile to an actual application -- but this is just a guess.